Teen Summer Reading Program
Sign ups end May 28,2021.
Please come by the library to pick up your sign up sheet today.
For any questions please call the library at 580-338-7330.
Programa de lectura de verano para adolescentes
Las inscripciones finalizan el 28 de mayo de 2021.
Por favor, venga a la biblioteca a recoger su hoja de registro hoy.
Para cualquier pregunta, llame a la biblioteca al 580-338-7330
We’re spreading the word about FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit. Having a broadband connection is essential for households gain access to jobs, healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. Enrollment starts May 12.
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a temporary FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford broadband internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The benefit offers:
- Up to $50 per month discount for broadband service
- Up to $75 per month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet bought through a participating provider if the household contributes more than $10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Can Apply
A household is eligible if someone in the household meets one of these criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline.
- Gets benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Got a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Had a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Learn more: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
3 Ways to Apply
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process. See Providers in Oklahoma: Emergency Broadband Benefit Providers in Oklahoma
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
Questions and Answers about the Broadband Benefit
Do I get the Funds Each Month?
No, the participating broadband provider will get the funds directly from the EBB program.
Which Providers are Participating?
Broadband providers choose whether or not to participate. See a list of Providers in Oklahoma.
Will I Be Automatically Billed at Higher Rates if the Program Ends?
No. Households will need to opt-in to keep their service once the EBB program ends.
See more questions and answers: FAQs for Emergency Broadband Benefit
You can now submit Interlibrary Loan Requests by submitting a form online!
Find it here!
We’ve been talking a lot about our new Discord server over the past few months.
If you’ve got no idea what that means, though, or how to access it, that’s ok! The owners of the Discord posted a very helpful video walking you through what Discord is and does.
Once you’ve watched that, you’re all ready to sign up and come hang out with us!
This is the link for the Discord; you’re invited! https://discord.gg/SpnHnZk4A9
We hang out to talk about books in general, movies, programs and hold our Genre Discussion groups. Stay tuned as we’ll keep testing out different ways to use this service to connect with our community.
We hope to see you there!
During our COVID-19 closure, the library acquired three new digital platforms to meet the needs of the community. Each resource can be accessed by logging in with your library card to our catalog page.
hoopla is a groundbreaking digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later.
Welcome to RBdigital Value Collection. Browse – Checkout – and Read magazines in your browser – and download to mobile apps. Get started by creating a new account in the online browser site. Checkout a magazine and stream it online – or download mobile apps and log in with your same credentials. Create your account online by going to our catalog page before downloading the mobile apps. Once you check out a magazine you may keep it as long as you wish. This magazine collection is brought to you by your local library and we hope you enjoy checking out your favorite magazines.
NewsBank Find information on topics related to business, health, education, government and more from a variety of news media including newspapers, videos, blogs and web-only content including the Northeast Herald, San Antonio Express-News, USA Today and more. We also have access to the Guymon Daily Herald and other local newspapers!